Tunbridge Wells, Kent, UK
Champneys is a destination health spa chain with resorts and day spas located in the English counties of Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire and Hampshire. We are now recruiting for a talented Beauty Therapists to work in the award winning Champneys Day Spas situated in various locations in the UK; Enfield, Tunbridge Wells, Enfield, Chichester, Milton Keynes, St Albans Day Spas.
As a Beauty Therapist, you will provide consultations and treatments to clients, maintain and improve services to them, ensuring they are carried out in a professional manner at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out beauty treatments to the required standards ensuring the specific treatment time is adhered to.
- To give professional advice to guests and promote available treatments.
- To promote products, along with a full home care prescription.
- To stay with the guests throughout the treatment, escorting them to and from the pickup point.
- To liaise in a positive and constructive manner with the Day Manager and receptionists on the days scheduled treatments, any changes, additions etc. in order to meet the ever changing needs of our guests. Flexibility and cooperation are required.
- To attend any appropriate training courses required.
- To keep up to date with developments relating to the product ranges and any new treatments.
- To adhere to Health and Safety regulations by using safe work practices.
- To turn off equipment and lights after use.
- To ensure all equipment and utensils are appropriately sterilised.
- To be punctual at all times.
- To attend all departmental meetings.
- To inform the Day or Spa Manager of any medical conditions or behaviour from guests that us unusual or causes concern e.g. skin condition, bruising etc.
- To assist in the cleaning and tidying of the treatment areas including laundry runs etc.
- To ensure your room is fully prepared and stocked before your first treatment.
- To report any incidents, accidents or any guest dissatisfaction to the Day or Spa Manager promptly.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as delegated by the Spa Management Team, Managing Director and Company Owners.
- NVQ 2 and 3 or equivalent.
- Experience working in a Spa or Beauty Salon.
- Will consider newly qualified Beauty Therapist.
- Good motivational skills
- Outstanding customer service
- Effective communication skills dealing with client’s individual requirements and needs.
- Attention to detail
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
- Knowledge of all treatment procedures and product and be able to adapt treatments to a clients need.
We can only consider applications for this role from people who are legally allowed to work in the UK and have all their documentation in place. Should you be successful in securing an interview, you will be required to bring your passport and if applicable, any relevant visa/work permit with you at that time.